SIx steps to swaddle your newborn
1. Spread the blanket out flat on a changing table, bed, or the floor, and fold over one of the corners
2. Lay your baby face-up on the blanket positioned with his head at the folded corner
3. Wrap the right corner over your baby (with his right arm straight down by his side), and tuck the end of the blanket underneath him
4. Bring the bottom corner of the blanket up over his feet
5. Wrap the left corner over your baby (with his left arm straight down by his side), leaving just his head and neck exposed
6. Check that the blanket isn’t too tight or constricting around his hips and legs, and that his lower body can still move about. Wrapping your baby too tightly in a swaddle can lead to hip dysplasia or dislocation.